If I had a nickel to spend on every forum title that began with “Can you really make a living betting sports?” I would be the wealthiest man on the planet. The truth is that if every betor lost, there wouldn’t be a sports betting online casino malaysia market. It’s that easy. I am a winning betor. I no longer have to study statistics all day and pick up a piece of paper. This was not an easy feat. Continue reading if you’re tired of losing money, and are ready to make profits.
For the sake of discussion, let me give you some basic statistics. The world has more than 6 billion inhabitants. Let’s assume that only 3 billion of those people are adults. Only 10% of those adults bet on sports. This is 3 million people who bet on sports. Only 2 percent of those 3 million people actually make a living from betting on sports. The remaining 98 percent are in debt. This leaves just 60,000 people who make a living betting on sports. These numbers are very conservative. It is estimated that more than 200 million people will place Superbowl bets in any given year. It is possible to make a living by betting on sports. This happens everyday to people just like yourself.
Three key issues prevent amateur sports bettors turning professional and making a profit in their betting careers.
1. Lack of discipline is the biggest problem for those who lose money on sports betting.
2. The second problem is the non-application or implementation of substantial sports betting systems that will keep you consistent and on track.
3. Third, think like a square bettor instead of a bookmaker.
These are the most common betting mistakes. I’ll also give you an insight into how a successful sports bettor thinks about and acts.
Bet chasing is one of the most effective ways to lose your shirt in the long-term. Scenario: Last night, you thought that you had the lock for the century. It was a bet that you lost on some ridiculous nonsense. Maybe it was a backdoor cover during a long game for both teams. To make up for your losses in game one, you got mad and decided to double your wager for the second game. You lose big because you didn’t have a system to monitor you. This has happened to everyone, and it is not something I have done. This is what I mean by lack of discipline. It is possible to lose sleep at night, and your 401k may lose its value on some days. It’s part of the territory. You can only bet on one game, and if it loses you can cut your losses and start over tomorrow.
There are many betting systems, but not all of them are good. If you are disciplined enough to follow them exactly, some are quite useful. Many sports bettors lack the patience or time to test, analyze, retest and apply betting systems. Sports bettors are often unsuccessful over the long-term because of this. Professionals have systems and will share them with anyone who believes they can follow the system. It is essential that you have a system in place to keep you on the right track. You will not succeed if you just play random games every night without doing your research. While it’s fun, it can also be a loss leader. That is why you came here. You’re here to win. You will lose some nights. Losing is hard. You will make money if you have a proven sports betting system that works. It is up to you to be consistent and discipline in your sports betting systems.
Think like a bookmaker. Books are only interested in having equal bets on both sides of the game. The bookmakers make a small profit, regardless of who wins, by including the aggressive in the game. This is half the truth. This is how books make money. You may think that books won’t lure you into believing a line is too good for you. However, I have a bridge in San Francisco that I can sell you cheap. The games where the majority of the bets are on one side and then lost by the general public is where the real money is for the bookmakers. It is possible for a line to sound too good to be true. Bookmakers know that the public loves their favorite. They know more about tonight’s games than anyone. They understand that you can’t stop being ahead or down while you’re ahead. They also know that you don’t have any idea what sports betting systems can give you an edge. They also know you think like an amateur betor. This is exactly why you’re not making any money.
One of my affirmations in my betting career was to never think like the general public. Zig where others zig. It was more than that, but it was a start. Next, trust those who have already walked the same path as you. Set up a system and be sure to follow it with precision. These sports betting systems are used all the time. You will eventually win. You will win when you win. You can achieve things you never imagined possible if you start winning. Every day, people are consistently winning in betting sports. This should be you.